These are my mama must haves for the first 3 months (also see: First Month Baby Essentials)
1. What to Expect the First Year - my mom got this for us and we use it to answer basic questions, curiosities, and for guidelines about what to expect. It's nice because it has an index and I just look in the back if I need an answer or advice for something specific. It's been parked on our nightstand since Andie was born.
2. Madela Breast Pump - I love my backpack breast pump. This thing works so well, is easy to use and for me is easy to take places. It's nice because TL can wear it if we are going somewhere and it isn't too girly.
3. Madela Quick Steam Bags - these things are a lifesaver. We put everything in them - pacis, bottles, lids, toys, you name it. It only takes 90 seconds and you can use each bag 20 times. I have a feeling we will just always use these while we have young kids.
4. Clip-down Nursing Tanks - These nursing tanks are amazing. My mom got these for me (my sister gave me hers, too) and they make it so easy. I wear them at night and when I am at home lounging. It makes it so nice for breastfeeding and they are really comfortable.
5. Aden and Anais Blankets - everyone raves about these, and for good reason. They are light, perfect for putting over the carseat when she is sleeping, great to put over her during the summer, and they get softer with every wash. They are expensive, but I registered for them and they are worth it!
6. SwaddleMe blankets - at first, Andie hated being swaddled. It made her freak out, but starting at about 5 weeks old, we started using these blankets (we put her in them when she is almost asleep) and they work great. They keep her warm and they help constrain her little arms. She was waking herself up because she would flinch and hit herself in the face. They also make them feel safe, I think. Either way, she has gone on some very long (6-8 hours) stretches while wrapped up. Definitely worth a try!
7. Boppy & Covers - especially for the first two months while I was getting used to breastfeeding, the boppy was very important to me. I used it every time I fed her and am just now getting to a point where I feel comfortable with out it. They have some pretty stylish little covers and I have 3 of them so I can wash them every couple of days. Somehow, milk always ends up getting on it.
8. BrAun Thermoscan - my sister got this for us for Christmas and it works really well. TL uses these at work (he is a paramedic) and they are quick, easy to use, and accurate. Being the paranoid first time parent that I am, I use this at least a couple times a week.
9. Bebe au Lait Hooter Hider - I love this thing. I use it because it makes me feel more comfortable when I am out in public and need to breastfeed Andie. It is big and the plastic around the neck is large and keeps it cooler for her while she eats, and I can see her well. This is a little more pricey, but I purchased a less expensive one and didn't care for it.
10. "Mom's One Line A Day" - This book is adorable, and it's great for me to use every day for the little milestones. Sometimes I will forget to do it one night, and it's great because I just catch up the next. You only write a sentence, but I am sure it will be fun to look back and keep track of the little everyday happenings. It also lasts for the first 5 years of their life!