I started realizing we needed to pack a hospital bag for Andie's arrival at 29 weeks.
I looked a little online for ideas, and even had a few people ask me what I had packed in mine... but didn't have a clue on what should be in there. So, I consulted my sister - who has had two babies - and for my Birthday, she put together a basket of goodies to pack, as well as a list of items that are a good idea to have.
1. flip flops for the shower
2. hair ties
3. antibacterial wipes / sanitizer
4. n*pple cream, if you plan on breastfeeding
6. make up (if you'd like it)
8. snacks for dad
9. hair brush
10. travel size shampoo & conditioner
11. Q Tips
12. make up remover wipes
13. small notebook (for jotting down notes/memories/keeping list of visitors)
17. phone & camera chargers
18. insurance cards
20. nursing shirt
21. travel sized body wash
22. nail clippers
and of course,
23. an outfit for baby to wear home
24. an outfit for mama to wear home
My sister had a special hospital gown from a friend for both of her boys... and she passed it off to me to wear for Andie's arrival as well. Sure beats the typical hospital gown and makes a great gift for a friend!
Am I forgetting anything?